Asia Workplace Manager
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Do you live and breathe real estate and facilities management from inception through operations? Are you constantly looking for ways of streamlining processes and doing more with less? Do you love diving into the details? If you answered yes to all of the above, this may be the opportunity that you've been waiting for.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Be the point person for all Workplace related activities across Asia. From Seoul Korea in the north to Christchurch New Zealand in the south and almost everything in between. You will ensure that all offices in your assigned region are built on time and under budget, operate effectively, and help make people more effective
- Manage over 8 employees in building and managing all Uber employee and driver offices across Asia. From a 3-person driver onboarding site to a 2000+ person centre of excellence, your team is responsible for the new locations, daily operations and expansion of all environments
- Working with the larger Global Workplace Team to ensure that policies and processes help the region grow as well as help all employees feel connected and part of the same company. Think Globally, Manage Regionally, and Execute Locally
- Be part of the team that improves employee office productivity
- Act as a liaison between landlords' operational teams and Uber
- Lead all vendor relationship including janitorial, reception & maintenance functions
- Lead the workplace budget for all locations across Asia
- Partner with food program managers for assigned offices
- Work as part of the APAC team in evaluating Real Estate options and support the real estate negotiation process
- Oversee the helpdesk function for Workplace
- Partner with the Global Security Team to ensure office safety in all offices
What You'll Need
- 10-15 years' experience in running multiple sites across APAC
- Experience in leading employees in maintaining buildings and systems
- The ability to simultaneously manage more than ten projects
- Experience in managing owned and leased properties
- A service oriented, hands-on leader. This is a role where you will help make people more effective and be the subject matter authority in all Workplace related matters
- Strenght in leadership and people management skills internally as well as vendors and partners
- A passion for Uber!
About the Team
At Uber we are looking for someone to lead our growing Asia Workplace team. This position will report to the Workplace Lead for APac / India / EMEA Facilities, based in Singapore.
Back to top