Uber has already found strong product/market fit with its world-changing service. But it is absolutely day one for us. We're seeking a small group of unbelievably talented and thoughtful designers to define and execute against a giant vision that builds upon what Uber has brought to the world so far.
If you have the right stuff to join the Uber Design team, you'll work among other exceptionally talented staff in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, highly collaborative environment. From music festivals to marketing collateral, you will have the opportunity to give a local voice to Uber's communications.
We are highly user-centric and we deeply believe we can innovate our way out of any box. The role demands great execution, bold innovation, obsession with quality, fearlessness and optimism to be inspired by the unknown and never settle, solving problems with creativity while keeping the user in mind and ambition to take projects to the finish line.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work among other exceptionally talented staff in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, highly collaborative environment.
- From digital ads to TV commericials, you will have the opportunity to give a local voice to Uber's communications.
- Concept and execute both large scale and small scale marketing campaigns that are impactful and positive.
- Balance high performing data-driven design with a world class level of quality and creativity.
- Manage and direct outside agencies in a variety of cross disciplinary executions.
- Provide art direction and inspiration to junior designers and interns for all marketing efforts.
- Work closely with the senior brand manager to ensure all creative efforts are aligned, on brand, and highly polished.
- Enable regional teams to ship high quality design assets with minimal effects on velocity, maximizing quality, creativity, and timely delivery.
- Build team camaraderie and apply best practices in cross region knowledge sharing.
- Build the systems for you (and others) to effectively identify, evaluate and hire designers and writers who can take Uber to new levels of awesomeness.
- 5+ years of relevant communication design experience in interactive design, social media, and direct marketing, preferably in an in-house creative environment.
- Experience managing, mentoring, and building local and remote design teams.
- Highly strategic and conceptual thinker with love of storytelling and that pushes creative boundaries.
- Strong business acumen, with a solid understanding of how to achieve business objectives while meeting an expected brand standard and high bar for aesthetic quality.
- Experienced overseeing relationships with brand consultancies and interactive agencies.
- Employees are given Uber rides every month!
- The rare opportunity to be a part of building a worldwide brand, ensuring its success and helping evolve it for the future
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top