Applied Machine Learning Engineer - Business Platform
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As an applied machine learning engineer on the Business Platform team you are uniquely positioned to bring artificial intelligence into Uber business.
What You'll Do
- Use machine learning techniques to find out what matters to our customers and agents.
- Projects include prospective driver identification, customer ranking, sentiment analysis, best action recommendation, workflow defects detection, etc.
What You'll Need
- BS/MS/Phd in Computer Science or related field
- Expertise in one or more object oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++) and the eagerness to learn more
- Software design and data modelling: understanding of design patterns and architecture
- 2+ year hands-on experience in at least one of the following areas: natural language processing, natural language understanding, predictive modeling and analysis, recommendation system, information retrieval.
- Experience developing prototypes and conducting experiments by analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources.
- Experience with popular machine learning libraries (tensorflow, scikitlearn, theano, etc.) is a plus.
- Understanding of testing environments.
About the Team
The Business Platform teams operates at the critical intersection of product and infrastructure, building technology to accelerate the fastest-growing company in history.
As a member of the Business Platform team, you will be responsible for developing core platforms, distributed services, customer insights powered by data mining & ML techniques to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of our products and operations. These serve as the essential backbone to fuel the Uber business. If you are passionate about designing and building extremely reliable, highly scalable, and performant multi-tenant services that never fail, this is right group for you.
The Customer Connections team within Business Platform is building platform & services to provide Uber Integrated and personalized CRM experience that empowers sales team to proactively engage with customers across their full life cycle. Our flagship product, uConnect, supported by machine learning technologies is powering the sales experience and is leveraged by thousands of agents to bring in new customers to the Uber.
Business Process Automation Platform
The Business Process Automation Platform is building platform & services to automate the key business processes at Uber. Its flagship product, Autobots, is an unified platform to run critical business processes at Uber, including driver/rider communications, engagement and quality control, with easy authoring and comprehensive insights across entire Uber. It executes tens of thousands processes, processes tens of thousands events per seconds and affects tens of millions of users per day.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top