APAC Content Manager, Community Operations
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You'll join the APAC Agent Success team, and manage the support content generation and knowledge base maintenance process for all regions in APAC. What does that mean?
- Build a high performing team of copywriters and content specialists to support content updates, changes and improvement to support logic in APAC
- Maintain a content management process where all changes are swiftly and effectively updated in our internal knowledge base
- Create strong partnerships with our regional and global stakeholders, and line of business managers to ensure we are effectively supporting their businesses
- Partner with the APAC L&D team to ensure parity between content and L&D materials
- Create feedback loops with CSRs to ensure improvements and suggestions are captured and actioned
- Create and manage metrics and quality processes to ensure the content created is effective, scalable, and of high quality
- Coordinate translation processes with local content experts and translation agencies in APAC markets, whilst ensuring content reflects culture and tone
- Participate in efforts aimed at improving global content management tools, and be proactive in providing feedback
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
The ideal candidate will check the following boxes:
- 3+ years of relevant experience: Content management, information architecture, support operations or consulting space. Ideally, you've built and managed internal knowledge bases.
- Excellent writing skills: Ability to write logical and easy-to-follow process steps. Experience in copywriting is a plus - concise, structured and packed with personality.
- Data-driven decision making: Sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Highly process oriented: with some experience having built operational processes
- An eye for effective UX / UI: Plus if you have experience in information architecture or structuring complex knowledge bases.
- Bachelor's degree: in Instructional Design, Information Architecture, Adult Education, or other relevant discipline required.
- Startup, all-hands-on-deck approach
WHO YOU ARE
- A builder - Creating scalable content, with help from SMEs and curriculum leads, is a piece-of-cake.
- Tech Savvy - You are comfortable learning new systems and have experience in building and creating eLearning across multiple tools
- A self starter - You're ready for the autonomy that comes with building a new process at Uber.
- A team player - You aren't scared to collaborate across function or region to get the best possible outcome for your content.
- Poised - Cool and calm under pressure, you follow through on tasks and look for opportunities to step up to new challenges.
- Process driven - You have superior organizational skills, and constantly look to iterate on things to make them more efficient.
- Naturally curious - You love learning and are invested in making our Community Operations organisation successful through laying a strong foundation for our Community Support teams.
- Hustle - Uber moves fast, and runs lean. You're flexible, fearless, and never satisfied with the status quo. You always fight for what is right but equally respect that the best idea should win.
- Ownership - You get things done. Passionate, self-driven and fearless, you are deeply committed to taking Uber support to the next level and rise to the occasion to solve problems, big and small. You don't wait around for other people to tell you what to do and have the initiative to solve problems on your own.
- Motivated - You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew of users, and are obsessive about grinding away at issues.
- Service orientation - As the voice of Uber to thousands of users, you'll use this opportunity to make evangelists out of our toughest haters. Your efforts will create more reasons for people to use Uber and to continue to trust us to get them where they need to go.
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top