Android Engineer - UberEverything (NYC)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the team
UberEverything will collapse the time and distance between everyone and everything they want. Our NYC office focuses on building highly efficient and reliable logistics solutions that span across food delivery (UberEATS), e-commerce, and more. We are working to define and build the next generation of Uber's logistics platform. You can be a part of that future and build it with us.
Uber is an established company with a well known brand, but our engineering efforts in New York are just getting started. Help shape the culture here, and get in on the ground floor of something big.
What you'll need
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining native Java Applications (point us to your apps on Google Play).
- Deep understanding of the Android SDK.
- You also need experience collaborating on software projects. We value personal ingenuity, as well as working efficiently and supportively as part of a team.
- Insightful opinions about developing for mobile
- A github account with some eye-catching projects in it
- Amazing debugging skills
- Experience developing location aware mobile applications
- Experience developing testing suites for mobile applications
- Knowledge of the principles of accessibility and ability to create products that are accessible to users with disabilities, a plus
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need your skills and passion to help make it happen!
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top