Android Engineer - Uber Freight
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We're looking for experienced, passionate Android developers to join Uber Freight's Carrier Experience team, a cross-functional group in which Backend, Android and iOS engineers work collaboratively to design and build products for truck drivers to maximize their revenue and flexibility. Our primary product is a mobile application that helps Uber Freight's goal of automating the freight industry by giving drivers the ability to book their own loads and control their own schedules. We are a #driverobsessed team, and care deeply about our users and continually look for opportunities to improve their lives. Since launch, we've changed the lives of thousands of drivers across the country, liberating them from the opaque brokerage process, and offering transparency in pricing and scheduling.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Work closely with product managers and designers to define a rich iOS experience for truck drivers.
- Work on high impact features that affect thousands of users daily.
What You'll Need
- Experience developing in Java
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences
- Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments
- Experience collaborating on projects and working efficiently as part of a team.
- Deep understanding of Android SDK
Bonus Points If
- Experience with open source libraries like Retrofit, RxJava, Dagger 2, Lottie
- Contribute to the wider Android community via open source
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
About the Team
Trucks move everything you buy, why shouldn't booking a truck be as seamless as booking an Uber?
Uber Freight connects shippers with truck drivers, much like the way the Uber connects riders and drivers. The Uber Freight team believes that empowering truck drivers will bring more open, efficient, and increasingly safer transportation to our roads. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the movement of goods around the world. We are currently looking for candidates to join our growing team who share our enthusiasm for tackling today's toughest challenges in transportation.
Back to top