Android Engineer - Privacy
Uber Overview..Job Description
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Uber Engineering is a high performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyper productivity. We're looking for senior mobile engineers (5+ years total career experience; at least 3 years Android experience) with product intuition who can work harder, faster, and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence. Our organizational challenges are unique, so you should be comfortable in uncharted territory and pumped to build systems that can support cities of 100,000 and 10 million people alike.
What you'll do
As an Android Engineer, you'll have a direct impact on the rider experience for both riders and drivers. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about disrupting the transportation industry across the world. Not just another social web app: we are moving real assets and real people around their cities.
Working within Uber's Engineering Security organization, you will build software solutions to address the real world privacy concerns of our users and business. Your work will help Uber maintain and grow user trust as we deliver features which allow them to control their account, enable/disable features, and make choices about data-sharing that they understand.
Millions of people from around the world have downloaded the Uber Android application and our numbers continue to grow rapidly. While our global reach is impressive, it's just the tip of the iceberg as we are prepared to take things to the next level with a small, but phenomenally talented team of engineers. You will have the opportunity to own new features from day one, work on brand new Android functionality thanks to strategic partnerships, contribute to the design process, and build an Android experience that is second to none.
What you'll need
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining native Java Applications
- Deep understanding of the Android SDK
- Crazy stories about supporting multiple Android devices
- Experience collaborating on software projects
- Scary amazing debugging skills
- Experience writing scalable, restful web services
- Experience developing location aware mobile applications
- Experience developing testing suites for mobile applications
Bonus points if
- Insightful opinions about developing for mobile
- A github account with some cool projects in it
- More than one app currently published to the Google Play store with more than 100K downloads
- BS Computer Science
- 5+ Years Full-Time, Professional Software Development
- 3 Years Full-Time, Professional Android Application Development Experience
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top