Android Engineer - Partnerships
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The Partnerships Engineering team is looking for strong engineers to lead initiatives that help drive Uber's most important metrics through business partnerships. We have brought the Uber experience to Google Maps, Facebook Messenger, Starwood, and Hilton Hotels. We enable users to take rides via Siri and Maps and pay with digital wallets such as Apple Pay, Android Pay, and Gift Cards. We build new revenue channels through Local Offers and Payment Rewards. We bring a magical experience to both riders and drivers with Spotify and Pandora. We help unlock transportation for elderly UberCentral and have enabled donations for our UberMILITARY partners.
The potential opportunities are limitless so we want you to be pumped about working with Fortune 500 companies, continuing Uber's growth.
Millions of people from around the world have downloaded the Uber Android application and our numbers continue to grow rapidly. While our global reach is impressive, it's just the tip of the iceberg as we are prepared to take things up a notch with a small, but phenomenally skilled team of Android Engineers.
To be clear, we aren't just developing an app-we are creating an Android solution from the ground up. You will have the opportunity to own new features from day one, work on brand new Android functionality thanks to strategic partnerships, contribute to the design process, and create an Android experience that is second to none.
What you'll need
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining native Java Applications (point us to your apps on Google Play).
- Deep understanding of the Android SDK.
- Unique experiences about supporting multiple Android devices.
- You also need experience collaborating on software projects. We value personal ingenuity, as well as working efficiently and supportively as part of a team.
- Insightful opinions about developing for mobile
- A github account with some eye-catching projects in it
- Exceptional debugging skills
- Experience developing location aware mobile applications
- Experience developing testing suites for mobile applications
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need your skills and passion to help make it happen!
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top