Analytics - Software Engineer, Front-End Forecasting
We are looking for talented frontend engineers with a passion for UI to build out our internal analytics tools and shared visualization components. Data is core to Uber’s daily operations and insights derived from this data enables our incredible growth. This is a new team, so you will have a chance to help define, from the beginning, how Uber visualizes its data.
As a frontend engineer, you will work closely with other teams to develop tools specific to their needs. From data viz decisions to tweaking CSS, you will have exposure to all aspects of our isomorphic frontend.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience or interest in real-time data. You’ll be responsible for surfacing high-speed, up-to-the-second insights to users around the world.
- Passion for data visualization and endless curiosity with data. You ideally have a portfolio of projects you like to show off.
- Resilient architecture and coding skills. You won’t be building one-off visualizations, but scalable applications for production use.
- Interest in data pipelines, APIs and query languages. You’ll have a voice in how data is processed, transformed and exposed to front-end consumers.
- A keen eye for design and user experience is a plus.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top