Analytics - Software Engineer - Forecasting
We are looking for talented full stack engineers with a passion for creating distributed software to build out our analytics tools and shared visualization components. Data is core to Uber’s daily operations and insights derived from this data enables our incredible growth. This is a new team, so you will help define, from the beginning, how Uber visualizes its data.
As a full stack engineer, you will work closely with other teams to develop tools specific to their needs. From database schema design decision to backend services to tweaking CSS, you will have a hand in all levels of the software stack.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Engineers who can go deep, but appreciate the challenge of going broad: distributed micro services, responsive user interfaces, data, calculation engines, and infrastructures
- Experience or interest in real-time data. You’ll be responsible for surfacing high speed, upto-the second insights to users around the world.
- Passion for data visualization and endless curiosity with data. You ideally have a portfolio of projects you like to show off.
- Resilient architecture and coding skills. You won’t be building one-off visualizations, but scalable applications for production use.
- Knowledgeable with backend technology like Java or GoLang
- Experience creating calculation engines are a huge plus.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated coworkers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top