Analytics Manager (SSA) - Johannesburg
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Our Central Operations Marketplace teams take our global product and localize it to an assigned market, while creating thousands of economic opportunities for drivers, and making transportation cheaper and more accessible for our riders. We are in the midst of incredible growth, which requires hard work. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about what they do and ready to roll up their sleeves to grow their city.
The Operations & Logistics Manager (analytics focus) role provides a unique opportunity to drive growth through the analysis of data and strategic thinking. This specialized Operations role requires a combination of technical (SQL) and business experience (applied economics/statistics) to maximize supply productivity and efficiency.
This is an intense business-side startup role. This person will work with the sub-regional Sub-Saharan Africa Marketplace teams to tackle major issues across Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), as well as contribute on regional projects. This role will have direct responsibility for the growth of our business.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Conduct business research by gathering data (SQL), identifying options, and conducting experiments with detailed analyses;
- Identify business challenges and devise innovative statistical tools/methods to solve those problems;
- Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of driver incentive programs and work with management to execute those strategies;
- Present data-driven recommendations with clear proposed next steps;
- Take ownership of Uber's growth across SSA cities;
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- Minimum 5 years of finance / business analytics / applied economics or related experience;
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, statistics, actuarial science or similar field;
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking;
- High-level proficiency in SQL;
- Experience executing regression analysis and developing various predictive models to answer different business problems by using statistical software such as Excel, SAS, R etc. desirable but not required;
- Startup/all-hands-on-deck approach.
- Employees are credited with Uber trips each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Uber is making a positive impact on how the world thinks about transportation. What started as an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas is now changing the logistical fabric of cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top