Analytics Manager (Marketing), UberEATS - Johannesburg
Uber is a venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone and we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 450+ cities worldwide, including over 50+ cities in EMEA with plans to rapidly expand in the region. We have already found strong product market fit with a world changing service, but we're only just getting started.
UberEATS delivers the best of your city right when you want it. Our curated menus feature dishes from the local spots you love and the ones you've always wanted to try. It's the same cashless payment as an Uber ride. So just tap the app, get your food delivered right to your doorstep and enjoy!
This is an intense business side startup role, and you will work with the UberEATS operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. You will have direct responsibility for the growth of the UberEATS business.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Analytics: get pumped up by deciphering huge data sets and cutting through irrelevant distractions to the heart of core data questions
- Play a role in shaping the EATS Central Marketing team, and help define the marketing strategy and vision for the EMEA region
- Conduct in-depth analysis on channel mix, be it acquisition or engagement channels, and drive intelligent budget allocation to maximize growth
- Build, document and scale world-class decision-making tools and reports that will help optimize our marketing investments
- Coordinate with other members of the Uber Team to design marketing experiments and measure their impact
- Work with local Operations, Product, Engineering and functional teams to build products and processes that will improve our analytics capabilities, and be the voice of EMEA for all related matters
WHO ARE YOU?
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, or other quantitative focus
- 2-5 years of analytical and executional operations experience; high-growth analytics or operations experience a plus
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
- Humble & scrappy: not afraid to take on lower-level projects when it will clear roadblocks
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Team player who is comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences as well as designing and building awe-inspiring tools; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans
- Stellar SQL capabilities; experience with R/Python is a plus
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills - many say they are great at Excel, fewer truly are. Ideal candidate brings some impressive know-how (and the understanding that there's always more to learn)
- Employees are credited with Uber trips each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Uber is making a positive impact on how the world thinks about transportation. What started as an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas is now changing the logistical fabric of cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top