Analytics & Insights Manager
The Analytics & Insights Manager will champion high priority projects across the Performance Marketing Organization, which is responsible for full end to end rider and driver acquisition. Based in São Paulo city but working with teams around the LatAm region, this role will provide critical business insights to help identify opportunities and implement investment improvements. Leveraging marketing and analytical experience from challenging environments in the past, this person will manage a small team of analysts and will be instrumental in driving our business forward. We’re looking for a strategic critical thinker who can start at 30,000 feet and then dive deep into the details to deliver results.
The ideal candidate for this role should have strong analytical skills, experience managing a team, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
Provide world class campaign tracking methodologies, solutions and tools to the marketers to ensure smooth campaign scaling.
Select, implement and own the leading advertising tools, technologies and products.
Help marketing managers and analysts solve difficult problems related to global ad serving, tracking, analytics, and attribution to ensure efficient marketing at scale.
Mine data and analytics at the rider level to gain a better understanding of their usage behaviors, including impacts of current marketing strategies.
Be a key partner on performance marketing team.
Participate in project planning/prioritization meetings, stakeholder meeting, data prioritization meeting, etc.
Determine the proper metrics for tracking current and future experiments.
Develop dashboards that provide insights and visualization into rider and channel performance relative to KPIs, projections, and historical performance.
Implement and analyze A/B or Multi-Variate Tests to provide in-depth insights to the marketing team on the test data and understanding of marketing drivers’ effects.
Present findings to senior management to drive business and marketing decisions. Use tools such as Excel, MixPanel and Tableau to work efficiently at scale.
BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or equivalent experience.
4-6 years of analytical and database experience.
Marketing analytics or consulting experience is a plus.
Strong data management skills (SQL/R) and very basic scripting proficiency (JS/Python).
1+ year of Experience in mobile app marketing tech stack and space.
2+ years of overall experience working marketing tech or product management or marketing ops or media buyer.
2+ Proficiency with multiple analytic and database tools common within a marketing organization (e.g., MixPanel, Tableau, Marketo, Google Analytics, etc.)
Strong data visualization skills.
Experience creating dashboard reporting in Taleau or a similar visualization tool a plus.
Balance attention to detail with swift execution. Hustle is essential, moving quickly and executing to allow for continual iteration is a core competency of our team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive analysis on important strategic decisions in order to optimize our marketing investments;
- Support the performance marketing team on research needs concerning to performance marketing;
- Develop analytical frameworks to help marketing decision making;
- Identify marketing funnels weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes;
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models;
- Be a hustling multi-tasker, supporting teams across the region. You’ll be one of the go to people when anyone needs an objective, data driven assessment of a situation.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience; high-growth operations or startup experience;
- Proven ability to be an effective leader managing teams;
- Exceptional communication and organization skills;
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment;
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength;
- Explorer – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role;
- A “driver” personality – biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery;
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills;
- SQL proficiency.
Bonus points if you have:
- Python, R proficiency.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top