Analyst - Strategic Finance, Marketing
About the job
As part of the Marketing Finance team, you will be a strategic and financial analyst partnering with Marketing leaders across the globe. You will play an integral role in evaluating the effectiveness of efficiency of Uber's global Marketing strategy and spend. You will evaluate the performance of Uber's marketing activities, drive strategies to improve the financial efficiency of marketing, and shape forward-looking financial planning.
The ideal candidate will be able to dig deep into the data, hustle, creatively solve problems, and bring an upbeat and optimistic outlook to his or her work.
Who you are
- Passion for data, analysis, and getting to the right answer
- Strong background and comfort with modeling
- Optimistic outlook and possess a "can-do" attitude
- Effective communication skills (build the story and then be able to tell it as well)
- Self-driven and excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Creative ability to solve difficult and complex problems
What you'll do
- Learn to use existing finance tools and help build new ones by defining what information needs to be seen, where to get it and how to present it
- Help automate, improve, and scale reporting and business metrics reporting for check-ins with the CFO and marketing leadership
- Execute special projects / ad hoc analyses - new initiatives, products, risks and opportunities are constantly arising.
- Build excellent cross-functional relationships with HQ partners including Marketing, Operations, and Accounting
- Analyze marketing and financial metrics to identify trends and highlight opportunities to drive business performance
- Build sophisticated financial and operating models - know how to build and work with complex models
What you'll need
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar
- 2-3 years of experience in Banking, Consulting, or Corporate Finance / FP&A at either a high-growth tech startup or a large, well-established company
- Extraordinary Excel / financial modeling skills
- Familiarity with US GAAP concepts
- Nice to have - SQL skills - the ability to self-serve, investigate and produce the data we require is key
- Nice to have - Systems - working knowledge of Oracle/TM1
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, eight paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top