Analyst - Strategic Finance, Marketing
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As part of the Marketing Finance team, you will be a strategic and financial analyst partnering with Marketing leaders across the globe. You will play an integral role in evaluating the effectiveness of efficiency of Uber's global Marketing strategy and spend. You will evaluate the performance of Uber's marketing activities, drive strategies to improve the financial efficiency of marketing, and shape forward-looking financial planning. You will be able to dig deep into the data, creatively solve problems, and bring an upbeat and optimistic outlook to his or her work.
What You'll Do
- Learn to use existing finance tools and help build new ones by defining what information needs to be seen, where to get it and how to present it
- Help automate, improve, and scale reporting and business metrics reporting for check-ins with the CFO and marketing leadership
- Execute special projects / ad hoc analyses - new initiatives, products, risks and opportunities are constantly arising.
- Build excellent cross-functional relationships with HQ partners including Marketing, Operations, and Accounting
- Analyze marketing and financial metrics to identify trends and highlight opportunities to drive business performance
- Build sophisticated financial and operating models
What You'll Need
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Banking, Consulting, or Corporate Finance / FP&A at either a high-growth company or a large, well-established company
- Extraordinary Excel / financial modeling skills
- Familiarity with US GAAP concepts
- Passion for data, analysis, and getting to the right answer
- Strong background and comfort with modeling
- Optimistic outlook and possess a "can-do" attitude
- Effective communication skills (build the story and then be able to tell it as well)
- Self-driven and excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Creative ability to solve difficult and complex problems
Bonus Points If
- Nice to have - SQL skills - the ability to self-serve, investigate and produce the data we require is key
- Nice to have - Systems - working knowledge of Oracle/TM1
About the Team
The Marketing Finance team is responsible for ensuring a high return on the company's significant marketing investments. Specifically the team oversees marketing's impact on rider and driver acquisition, retention, Lifetime Value, and brand. The team achieves these goals by partnering cross-functionally with regional CFOs, accounting, and marketing teams around the world.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top