Analyst - Marketplace Efficiency, Strategy and Marketplace
About the Role
This role is a unique opportunity to help drive growth through the optimization of our marketplace in all Indian cities. This is a critical role as it directly correlates to driver and rider experience through greater availability and reliability for riders while optimising driver earnings by deploying new tools and products. The Analyst will work closely with City Ops and Product teams to monitor city performance and ensure efficiency through asset utilization, network optimisation and efficient marketplace definition. This data driven role calls for a combination of analytical thinking & inter-personal ability to define and implement new strategies for the marketplace to make it most efficient and manage multiple stakeholders across functions.
What You Will Do
- Vision: Work closely with Strategy & Marketplace Leads and Regional General Manager to develop overall marketplace strategy for the region
- Thought leadership: Work with the Regional Leads to set strategic priorities, align regional and Identify areas of improvement to optimise marketplace efficiency across all the cities in India.
- Program/project management: Be a hustling multi-tasker, supporting ops teams across the region. You'll be THE go to person for many key initiatives across verticals within the organization such as City Ops, Other Central Teams, Cross-functional Teams
- Process improvement: Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve existing or develop new processes to keep the regional teams as efficient as possible
- Analytics. We use data to inform our decisions; you'll quickly identify what data you need to solve a problem and how to analyse it to get to your answer. You'll experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world.
- Experimentation. Run experiments to validate your thesis and measure the impact with data. Consolidate results into action plans.
- Build relationships: Interface with cross-functional areas (Engineering, Business Development, People Operations, Product, Legal, Finance etc.) to ensure we are bringing all available tools to bear on our toughest problems
What You Will Need
- 3-5 years of operational/analytical experience gained in consulting, investment banking, marketing or operations management.
- Experience in SQL or other coding language is a plus
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans.
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment.
- Strong communication and organization skills; ability to work with remote teams.
- True passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature
- Can do attitude -- we are a lean team and responsibilities may fall out of one's exact job description; we are looking for folks who are willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Employees are given Free and Discounted Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top