Uber is looking to add a Analytics Specialist to our growing team! You will report to Finance Head for Leasing and will help ensure that reports and other business analysis is done on a timely basis. Organization is key in this ever-evolving environment and you'll need thorough quantitative skills and an eye for discrepancies. You always ask the question "does this make sense?".
What you'll do:
- Sophisticated financial and operational modeling - know how to build and work within existing complex models. Help us understand our business and opportunities
- Business partnering - work closely with company leaders to develop financial forecasts and key performance indicators, Help drive requirements and implementation for financial planning and business intelligence systems
- Special projects / ad hoc analyses - new initiatives, products, risks and opportunities are constantly arising. You will help evaluate and drive these important initiatives.
- Audit payments and invoices to ensure budget tracking and efficient spending & Build up controls that tightens up the back end finance functions in the organisation, while ensuring that the business is enabled to expand
- Manage process and system changes resulting from the broader organisation. Suggest and assist in implementing adequate financial and operational controls
- Drive analysis on projects and important strategic decisions improving the experience for our driver partners
- Manage financial and key operational dashboards
- Write queries and perform ad hoc data analysis to keep the nerve center of our operations engine running at full speed
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep support teams as efficient as possible
What you'll need:
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, or other quantitative focus
- 2-4 years of investment banking / consulting / analytical or related experience; high-growth
- analytics or operations experience a plus
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Team player
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to
- do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Explorer - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much
- more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills - many say they are great at Excel, fewer truly
- are. Ideal candidate brings some impressive know-how (and the understanding that there's
- always more to learn)
- SQL experience is required
- Employees receive free and discounted Uber rides
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top