Analyst - Driver Incentives, Strategy & Marketplace Team
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About The Role
We are looking for an Analyst in the Strategy & Marketplace team to manage the driver incentive spend and build an Incentives strategy for India SA, optimizing for the most cost-efficient supply growth and building an efficient and balanced marketplace in cities around the region. This role will work closely with city teams to plan and execute weekly incentives, product teams to launch and manage Intelligent Spend products along with other Driver Incentive initiatives.
The ideal candidate for this role should have strong analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to stakeholders across all levels of the business.
What You Will Do-
- Design and implement incentives to maximize driver engagement and build an efficient marketplace, while ensuring highly efficient utilization of capital.
- Heavy analysis of our driver incentives, driver segmentation, and product performance to drive efficient and cost-effective incentive spend.
- Continuously work with Product Team to proactively surface and create new features to improve engagement among driver segments on the platform.
- Cost-Benefit Analysis. Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of incentives and work with management to execute those strategies.
- Build and maintain detailed reporting models across city teams, central teams, cross-functional teams and regional leadership.
- Work with Operations teams and Ops Leadership to define Driver Incentive related success metrics and OKRs, and ensure that teams are hitting these OKRs.
What You Will Need
- 2-4 years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence or other related quantitative experience; high-growth analytics or operations experience a plus.
- Strong track record of being a respected operational problem solver.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and analyzing strategic investments with a track record of successfully driving aggressive growth.
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences; ability to translate quantitative findings into action plans.
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment.
- Strong communication and organization skills; ability to work with remote teams.
- Can do attitude -- we are a lean team and responsibilities may fall out of one's exact job description; we are looking for folks who are willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Employees are given Free and Discounted Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top