Ad Operations Manager, EMEA (Amsterdam based)
Uber started out to solve a simple problem: the need to get a ride across town. Six years and two billion trips later, we’ve stumbled upon something a bit bigger: a new way to help tackle congestion—one of the most serious challenges cities face today.
We are present in over 450+ cities worldwide, including over 70+ cities in EMEA with plans to rapidly expand in the region. We have already found strong product market fit with a world changing service, but we’re only just getting started.
Longer term, we’re optimistic that smartphone apps like Uber can also offer a real alternative to individual car ownership. After all, if you can press a button and get an affordable ride across town in minutes 24-hours a day, why bother to own a car? There is an alternative to a world that looks like a parking lot and moves like a traffic jam. Join Uber to help make that future possible.
We’re looking for a technical marketing operations manager to help scale our global marketing efforts. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that our marketing managers and advertising partner use the best in class tracking technology, marketing tools and systems to maximize the Return on Investment (ROI) on marketing spend.
The ideal person for this role is someone who is intimately familiar with the world of mobile/app advertising, incredibly data-driven & is a flawless manager/executor of campaigns. You will work on a regional scale to help grow Uber’s business and analyze marketing strategy through executing new strategies and partnering to add new customers and companies to the Uber ecosystem.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide world class campaign tracking methodologies, solutions and tools to the marketers to ensure smooth campaign scaling
- Work with a cross-functional team of analysts, marketers, engineers, and product managers to deliver against the organization’s KPIs.
- Support marketers with affiliate management tools, search marketing, paid social and many others (e.g. DMP).
- Help Instrument complex tracking technologies for improved attribution of marketing ROI at the granular level
- Lead EMEA implementation projects with dynamic teams across the globe.
- Influence marketing and analytics stakeholders to operate with organized process and structure to ensure smooth scaling and day-to-day execution
- Support the media team in the selection and implementation of advertising tools
- Help marketing managers and analysts solve difficult problems related to global ad serving, tracking, analytics, and attribution to ensure efficient marketing at scale.
- Guide the marketing technology strategy at one of the fastest growing startups in the world.
- Lead and serve the marketing organization in specialized areas like fraud and remarketing
Location: Amsterdam, NL (EMEA HQ)
What You Need:
- 5+ years of overall experience working marketing tech or product management or marketing ops or media buyer
- Ad ops (or equivalent experience) working with tracking implementation, strategy and tools
- 1+ years of strong data management skills (SQL) and basic scripting proficiency (JS/Python).
- Experience in mobile app marketing tech stack and space.
- Ability to fluently communicate with engineering, product and marketing teams.
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in EMEA region with language skills is a plus.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top