Acquisitions Marketing Manager/Lead - Malaysia
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
A tenacity toward delivering an awesome experience for our users is critical to our improvement. We're looking for a growth marketing standout to help bolster Uber's presence. This position is based in Kuala Lumpur; working closely with other regional teams.
The right person will be comfortable taking initiative, loves solving problems and can thrive in a fast and growing environment. This role is all about bringing Uber to the public. Are you an acquisitions marketing professional with knowledge of Malaysia? Read on...
What you'll do
- Work to rapidly grow the rider and driver bases of our cities in Malaysia by:
- Defining quarterly acquisition growth goals to support the country business plan as set by the General Manager.
- Launching, managing and optimizing new acquisition campaigns across all channels including Digital, Offline above the line and Offline below the line.
- Closely monitoring, measuring and reporting on acquisition marketing budget and growth in the region.
- Prioritizing tests and initiatives resulting in the greatest returns for the company.
- Ensuring local messaging, campaigns relevancy and work closely with our regional Performance Marketing team to drive Sign Ups and conversion outcome.
- Work closely with our regional Performance Marketing team to ensure best practices are implemented and effective locally developed experiments circulated.
- Collaborate with our Research, Strategy and Brand & Campaigns teams to ensure effectiveness across all channels.
What you'll need
- At least 8-10 years experience in relevant field (media buying, acquisition marketing, mobile marketing).
- Highly data-centered, advanced Excel skills and excellent data visualization skills.
- History of demonstrating results via creative data-driven marketing campaigns.
- Excellent understanding of Malaysia market and media landscape.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to work closely and collaborate effectively with local and international leadership in an ever-changing environment with tight deadlines.
- Resourcefulness is essential, moving quickly and executing to allow for continual iteration is a core qualification of our team.
- Employees receive free monthly Uber credits!
- Shape the strategic direction of your city. Each city still operates like a start-up and from day 1, you'll be a part of the action.
- The rare opportunity to make a big impact such that everyone around you, including family and friends, are using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers with whom to collaborate in an exciting and diverse office environment.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top