Accounting Manager, Insurance
Passionate about highgrowth startups and have very strong operational accounting skills? Are you a proven manager, strategic thinker and executor? Have experience in P&C insurance? Then let’s talk.
This role is based in San Francisco, CA. In this position you will work closely with accounting and the insurance team to ensure the accuracy of our insurance accruals and financial statements for our insurance operations. You will have the opportunity to build new processes to help scale our global organization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
● Oversee the audit of insurancerelated entities. Be the main point of contact with external auditors for all requests and preparation of financial statements for these entities and casualty loss reserves at all company levels
● Own the reconciliation of all related balance sheet accounts.
● Prepare and review all insurance related accruals and expense reconciliation.
● Investigate and prepare variance analyses for related accounts.
● Develop internal controls and process narratives to ensure integrity of financial reporting.
● Assist in the development of monthly and quarterly reporting.
● Build invoicing and payment processes for subsidiaries.
● Work closely with the insurance claims team and actuaries on monitoring policies and understanding loss reserves.
WHAT YOU NEED
● 8+ years progressive experience in accounting
● Prior experience in property and casualty insurance accounting required
● Experience with alternative risk transfer structures (reinsurance, captives, etc.) strongly preferred
● CPA preferred
● Prior Oracle and international experience a plus
● SQL experience
● Advanced excel skills
● Ability to multitask, be agile and thrive in a dynamic environment
● Proven ability to implement continuous process improvements
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Employees receive monthly Uber credits
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to work on a product which is changing the world. Uber is not just another social app: we’re reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top