Accounting Manager, Insurance
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Passionate about highgrowth startups and have very strong operational accounting skills? Are you a validated manager, strategic thinker and executor? Have experience in P&C insurance? Then let's talk.
This role is based in San Francisco, CA. In this position you will work closely with accounting and the insurance team to ensure the accuracy of our insurance accruals and financial statements for our insurance operations. You will have the opportunity to build new processes to help scale our global organization.
What you'll do
- Perform financial statement analyses and document important explanations for fluctuations to help management with business decisions
- Prepare journal entries, maintain and reconcile ledger accounts
- Develop and implement process improvements, document desktop procedures and processes to achieve efficiencies
- Actively pursue business issues that impact the general ledger and evaluate the situation for acceptable solutions. Propose resolution to management and other affected areas/departments
- Help in communication with international entities and consolidations
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Lead accurate and timely reporting during the month-end close process
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- Help in preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 5 years professional experience, with at least 2 years relevant month-end close experience
- Great teammate, you have the ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges
- Ability to interact with all departments and levels throughout our organization
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP is preferred
- CPA preferred
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically urges people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top