Account Security and Risk Program Lead
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners—our community—is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way.
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe and we’re looking for a Lead for our Account Security and Risk Team (you!). ASR is a specialized team supporting Uber’s advanced payment issues, rider fraud, account takeovers, and other areas of advanced support.
The US ASR Program Lead will be a leadership role, in which you’ll grow and manage a team of top talent and be a thought leader in the Account Security and Risk space. You will be responsible for setting the strategic vision of the program and developing long-term goals of improving ASR’s operational capabilities. If you have experience in fraud/investigations management, a compelling desire to build on a large scale, love analyzing data and improving processes, and are a strategic and critical thinker then we would like to put you to work. This is your chance to roll up your sleeves and create something unique.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own the US Account Security and Risk program, including processes and policies
- Lead a program team that is responsible to continually evaluate and optimize processes, policies, tools, and resources
- Provide strategies, guidance, and mentorship in the arena of account security and fraud process and sufficiency
- Represent ASR and the team’s interests/needs to the our internal stakeholders; working closely with our Ops, Security, Fraud, Legal, Insurance, and Communications teams
- Identify and establish key metrics to measure the effectiveness of the ASR program
- Work across our global support network to identify the best places and teams to handle all of our diverse ticket categories
- Work cross-functionally with senior leaders across the business to ensure your support and resources are effective and relevant
- Coordinate strategy for international ASR support, including staffing, training, process, and translation/localization
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree from top university; MBA highly preferred
- Experience with investigative processes and planning across multiple incident types
- Executive presence and the ability to influence leaders across the organization
- Analytical mindset with the ability to present and execute on actionable, data driven findings
- 5+ years of professional experience in a high-volume and extremely fast-paced environment
- Prior professional experience with process optimization, systematic organization, program/project management
- Performance management of large teams, creating and implementing policy, as well as stakeholder management and communications about high visibility and time sensitive issues
- Optimistic leadership: You have an enthusiastic attitude and are passionate about making magic for our Community. You view every support interaction as a chance to impact our riders and driver partners in a positive way
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in service-industry, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume and extremely fast-paced environment
- Experience with consumer fraud trends and tools
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma, and Kaizen methodologies
- SQL proficiency
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top