Account Manager, Uber Freight
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Trucks move everything you buy, why shouldn't booking a truck be as seamless as booking an Uber?
Uber Freight connects shippers with truckers, much like the way the Uber connects riders and drivers. The Uber Freight team believes that empowering truck drivers will bring more open, efficient, and increasingly safer transportation to our roads. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the movement of goods around the world.
We are currently looking for passionate Account Managers to join our growing team who share our enthusiasm for tackling today's toughest transportation challenges.
What you'll do:
- Serve as a partner to our sales team anticipating challenges and presenting solutions to support Uber Freight's business objectives
- Passionate about the service needs of our customers and transportation partners
- Always thinking about how to do things better, faster, more efficiently (cheaper)
- Develop process and system improvements to continually raise the bar of execution
- Participate in the development, implementation and automation of critical business processes and tools used to track sales process, forecasting, pipeline management and performance
- Be able to speak to core operational and growth metrics with the management team
- Work with customers to continually seek new solutions for their logistics challenges
- Manage any issues that come up in the normal operation of freight movement
- Be resourceful, scrappy, and get things done
What you'll need:
- 2+ years of experience managing fast paced accounts, bonus points for experience in logistics or frieght
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems under pressure
- Ability to collaborate and work with a highly diverse set of shippers, transportation partners, and internal partners
- Analytical and critical thinking ability
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- The ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
- Bachelor's degree
- Logistics industry experience not required
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top