Account Executive, Mid-Market Uber Freight
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job:
Uber Freight is a marketplace built to connect shippers with trucks, much like the way the Uber app connects riders and drivers. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the movement of things around the world.
On the Uber Freight team, we fiercely believe that our dedication to transportation technologies will bring more collaborative, highly efficient, and increasingly safer transportation logistics to our roads. We are currently looking for candidates to join our growing team who share our enthusiasm for tackling today's toughest challenges in transportation. When we see individuals truly owning their individual success, we succeed as a team.
Our Mid-Market Account Executive will own the growth and development of key Mid-Market accounts, contributing directly to the top line growth of Uber Freight. The ideal candidate is motivated by building and shaping the future, experienced closing and managing accounts, a proven operator, can dig deep into the data to solve operational issues, is always driving small improvements in process, hustles, and loves making something from nothing.
What you'll do:
- Solicit and bring new shippers and transportation partners onto the platform
- Work with customers to continually seek new solutions for their logistics challenges
- Actively manage the success of key strategic partner accounts
- Obsess over the service needs of our customers
- Develop process and system improvements to continually raise the bar of execution
- Manage any issues that come up in the normal operation of freight
What you'll need:
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a complex operational environment
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems under pressure
- Ability to collaborate and work with a highly diverse set of internal and external partners
- Analytical and critical thinking ability
- Strong communication and organization skills
- 2+ years of experience in an inside sales position, logistics or software industry experience preferred
- Undergraduate degree
- The ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, eight paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top