Account Executive, Carrier Sales
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About The Role
Our Carrier Account Managers are responsible for moving things from point A to point B. They provide the best service to our carrier partners, but aren't afraid to negotiate. This team is committed to constant improvement. We hope you are excited to help create a product with lasting value.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the TeamWhat You'll Do
- Manage existing carrier base with the best service
- Bring new transportation partners onto the platform to Increase active APP users
- Work with carrier partners to continually seek new solutions for their logistics challenges
- Actively manage the quality of our transportation partner base
- Ensure that all freight is moved on time and a fair cost
- Always think about how to do things better, faster, more efficiently and at a fair cost
- Be dedicated to solving the difficult issues
- Be able to speak to core operational and growth metrics with the management team
- Develop process and system improvements to continually raise the bar of execution
- Manage any issues that come up in the normal operation of freight
What You'll Need
- Minimum 2 year experience in the transportation industry strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems under pressure
- Ability to collaborate and work with a highly diverse set of shippers, transportation partners, and internal partners
- Analytical and critical thinking ability
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Logistics background is not required, but operational experience is preferred
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- The ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
About The Team
Uber Freight is a marketplace built to connect shippers with trucks, much like the way the Uber app connects riders and drivers. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the movement of things around the world.
On the Uber Freight team, we believe that our dedication to transportation technologies will bring more collaborative, highly efficient, and increasingly safer transportation logistics to our roads. We are currently looking for candidates to join our growing team who share our enthusiasm for tackling today's toughest challenges in transportation. When we see individuals truly owning their individual success, we succeed as a team.
Back to top