Sr. UX/Visual Designer
TYRA Beauty is looking for a highly driven individual to become our Sr. UX/Visual Designer. You must be a high achiever that’s ready to roll up your sleeves and help grow a company with creative and functional ideas. Your ability to think fast, act fast, and thrive in a rapidly changing environment is a must. TYRA Beauty is your chance to realize the full potential of your drive, your expertise and your career goals by joining the ground floor team of our growing start-up!
TYRA Beauty is looking for a motivated and creative individual to take on our new Sr. Sr. UX/Visual Designer role. The Sr. UX/Visual Designer will work under the direction of the Art Director to to incorporate the visual identity of TYRA Beauty into end-to-end experiences. This position will also work cross-functionally with the Field Development team and Marketing team to deliver top-notch design work that also effectively communicates our core messages.
• Lead UX/UI design within the creative team and work crossfunctionally to redesign and enhance the user experience of TYRA.com.
• Partner with the Art Director to conceptualize and execute design solutions for marketing campaigns (print, website, and email) that drive arwarness, engagement, conversion, and retention.
• Project manage and design our seasonal lookbook.
• Colaborate with inhouse and freelance designers, developers, and photographers to create cutting edge, on-brand designs.
• Maintain TYRA Beauty’s existing brand standards and work within those standards to develop evolving concepts.
• Create innovative designs from concept to delivery, following each deliverable through to production.
• Stay current on technology and design trends, and monitor competitive trends.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
We will expect all candidates to demonstrate possession of these essential skills and attributes, particularly under the pressure of working for the demands of a fast-growing company, rapid deadlines, minimal resources or other challenging work environments:
• Well rounded skill set including: Website Design, UX Design, Email Design, Print Design
• Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS is a must
• Expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Interest in packaging. Package design experience preferred.
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Organization, coordination and planning
• Presentation (both preparing decks & presenting results)
• Analytics and problem solving
• Superior communication, written and verbal
• Basecamp, Google Docs should not scare you, nor should the iPhone, Skype, Instagram or Facebook. If these terms are foreign to you, don’t bother applying.
• Has a growth mindset: high achiever, willingness to learn, accept new challenges and improvement-oriented. But also willing to be tactical and do the work that needs to be done.
• Creativity – ability to bring fresh ideas and propose innovative solutions.
• High value toward positive culture and communication in your work environment.
• Positive & solution-oriented.
• A strong interest in beauty is a must!
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 6+ years of prior experience as a designer
• Start-Up and/or Beauty/Fashion Experience preferred.
This job description is meant to be a guide for your responsibilities, but from time to time you may need to do work beyond the scope of your job description.
See Inside the Office of TYRA Beauty
TYRA beauty is a ‘Beautytainment’ company where beauty and entertainment collide. The company is on a mission to change the way the world experiences the beauty industry. It's a small team with big, fierce, outrageous goals. It strives to deliver immersive experiences to its audiences—all while delighting, surprising, and engaging all of their senses.
Back to top