Sr. UX/Visual Designer
TYRA Beauty is looking for a highly driven individual to become our Sr. UX/Visual Designer. You must be a high achiever that’s ready to roll up your sleeves and help grow a company with creative and functional ideas. Your ability to think fast, act fast, and thrive in a rapidly changing environment is a must. TYRA Beauty is your chance to realize the full potential of your drive, your expertise and your career goals by joining the ground floor team of our growing start-up!
TYRA Beauty is looking for a motivated and creative individual to take on our new Sr. Sr. UX/Visual Designer role. The Sr. UX/Visual Designer will work under the direction of the Art Director to to incorporate the visual identity of TYRA Beauty into end-to-end experiences. This position will also work cross-functionally with the Field Development team and Marketing team to deliver top-notch design work that also effectively communicates our core messages.
• Lead UX/UI design within the creative team and work crossfunctionally to redesign and enhance the user experience of TYRA.com.
• Partner with the Art Director to conceptualize and execute design solutions for marketing campaigns (print, website, and email) that drive arwarness, engagement, conversion, and retention.
• Project manage and design our seasonal lookbook.
• Colaborate with inhouse and freelance designers, developers, and photographers to create cutting edge, on-brand designs.
• Maintain TYRA Beauty’s existing brand standards and work within those standards to develop evolving concepts.
• Create innovative designs from concept to delivery, following each deliverable through to production.
• Stay current on technology and design trends, and monitor competitive trends.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
We will expect all candidates to demonstrate possession of these essential skills and attributes, particularly under the pressure of working for the demands of a fast-growing company, rapid deadlines, minimal resources or other challenging work environments:
• Well rounded skill set including: Website Design, UX Design, Email Design, Print Design
• Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS is a must
• Expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Interest in packaging. Package design experience preferred.
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Organization, coordination and planning
• Presentation (both preparing decks & presenting results)
• Analytics and problem solving
• Superior communication, written and verbal
• Basecamp, Google Docs should not scare you, nor should the iPhone, Skype, Instagram or Facebook. If these terms are foreign to you, don’t bother applying.
• Has a growth mindset: high achiever, willingness to learn, accept new challenges and improvement-oriented. But also willing to be tactical and do the work that needs to be done.
• Creativity – ability to bring fresh ideas and propose innovative solutions.
• High value toward positive culture and communication in your work environment.
• Positive & solution-oriented.
• A strong interest in beauty is a must!
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 6+ years of prior experience as a designer
• Start-Up and/or Beauty/Fashion Experience preferred.
This job description is meant to be a guide for your responsibilities, but from time to time you may need to do work beyond the scope of your job description.
Back to top