Field Communications Manager
Are you a consummate writer, who just loves to put pen to paper and go? Do you find yourself wanting to entertain and educate others through the written word? Is your writing conversational, fun, and edgy yet articulate? Do you love to motivate people and find that you’re all about helping take something complicated and making it simple? Does your writing make even the craziest of ideas sound like something people want to get on board with? Are you a self starter, who loves to create material? Do you know what makes for engaging written collateral? This is your chance to tie all these things together and achieve your own career goals by joining the ground floor of our growing start-up!
TYRA beauty is looking for a highly driven and motivated individual to become our Field Communications Manager. You must be a high achiever that can handle multiple tasks and the execution of multiple communication tracks, with a passion for superb, engaging writing. Must be able to build and execute written communications strategy.
This will oversee the breadth of fun and engaging field communications for the Company’s rapidly growing field of independent sales people, or Beautytainers as we like to call them. If selected, you will have the opportunity to take our current communications to a whole new level, developing new ideas and processes inception to hindsight. You will report to the Senior Director of Field Development and be a member of the TYRA beauty Field Development Team. Your work will directly impact our Beautytainers, as all communications will support their entrepreneurial micro-enterprises through clear, concise, timely and engaging communication.
The role of Field Communications Manager involves tactical execution of communications, as well as strategic messaging. This role requires a experience in communications strategy, writing and the ability to adapt to unique brand voices. A successful Field Communications Manager can: (i) come up with creative communications for the Company’s weekly newsletter; (ii) Understand how to communicate to Beautytainers with specific messaging; (iii) Build a communications calendar and execute upon it concisely; (iv) Be flexible and nimble, proactive and reactive in ability to create said communications.
• Drive Beautytainer activity, productivity and retention through effective communications
• Partner with Marketing to manage Communications Calendar for all channels to ensure communication is accurate, timely and effective and drive business KPIs
• Support the Sr Director of FD in developing communications strategy and cadence, approaching by level, by message and by channel (email, news portal, social medial, webinars/calls, etc)
• Draft and compose big message Field Communications and supervise the drafting and composition of small message comms by the Field Dev Coordinator; oversee execution of Field Marketing communications per comms calendar, ensuring the right message is delivered to the right people at the right time
• Ensure events communications are pre-planned and have a schedule to support event attendees
• Draft and compose FAQ documents to support Beautytainers in all new initiatives.
• Facilitate field surveys, aggregate information and develop a plan based on said responses when necessary
• Continually review and recommend enhancement of comms strategy to support field engagement and initiative adoption on an ongoing basis.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES: We will expect all candidates to demonstrate possession of these essential skills and attributes:
o Ability to write concisely, clearly and accurately, and adapt to fun, urban yet articulate brand tone
o Communications calendar development
o Accuracy and attention to detail
o Organization, coordination and planning
o Presentation (both preparing decks & presenting results)
o Excellent grammar and editing skills
o Stellar communication skills, written and verbal
o Ability to perform in a fast paced, rapidly growing environment driven by deadlines and multi-faceted needs
o Tech Savvy: Basecamp, Google Docs should not scare you, nor should the iPhone, Skype, Instagram or Facebook. If these terms are foreign to you, don’t bother applying.
o The ability to take complicated messages and make them clear and digestible.
o Is meticulous about clarifying confusion.
o Take comfort in a fast paced environment and thrive on playing a hand in turning chaos into orderly nirvana.
o Love to shift, grow, change and move depending on the day to day needs of a business.
o Has a growth mindset: high achiever, willingness to learn, accept new challenges and improvement-oriented
o High value toward positive culture and communication in your work environment.
o Positive & solution-oriented
o Creative and scrappy
o Strong problem solving skills; must be proactive and take initiative
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of 5 years experience.
• Experience managing and executing written communications.
• Specific experience in direct selling is not required but is a plus.
This job description is meant to be a guide for your responsibilities, but from time to time you may need to do work beyond the scope of your job description.
Back to top