Web Platform Architect
Millions of visitors per month watch billions of minutes of video on Twitch using our single-page web app. The Web Platform team builds the foundations of our app ensuring overall product quality and functionality while balancing developer productivity. Agile and effective collaboration with other teams is at the heart of our charter, our challenge, and our passion.
In this role, you will define and drive architectural innovation of the Twitch web platform. You’ll look beyond the needs of a single team and think about how to scale the platform to the current and future requirements of the product and engineering organizations. You will engage engineering teams across the organization to deliver results, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to analyze and evaluate the latest technologies and development trends, establishing and implementing standard practices for the organization’s engineering teams.
ABOUT YOUR DAY
- Drive the creation of a nascent React web platform, working closely with all product teams to establish proven design patterns to reduce existing complexity, duplication and cos
- Influence at all levels – from business strategy down to implementation. You will own direct technical contributions for some areas and in others you will influence and direct at the architectural level
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on the lookout for new technologies and approaches, and work across all teams to benefit from these new technologies
- Lead by example, demonstrating technical excellence that other engineers aspire to follow. Taking time to mentor and develop members of each team
ABOUT YOUR TECHNICAL CHOPS
- Experience with building out a web platform and large web applications using modern web frameworks (particularly React), experience with orchestrating a rewrite of a large app, or experience authoring an open source web framework
- Experience driving cross-team initiatives
- Experience and deep understanding of frontend development standards, ES6, HTML5, CSS3 and cross-browser compatibility issues
- Deep understanding of how a modern web application works end-to-end
- Experience with testing practices, frameworks and platforms pertinent to a large web application
- Knowledge of web client security, common attacks, prevention and best practices
- Experience with web performance best practices, contributing factors and improvements
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous delivery processes and tools
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited premium snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time-off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament a year
- Top of the line technology to help you build our own workspace
- Pet friendly environment
- An environment full of awesomely smart coworkers
- A real and unique opportunity to make an impact on a massively popular product with huge potential ahead
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top