At Twitch, the VP Marketing and Communications team is responsible for defining the Twitch brand, the analysis of Twitch brand awareness and reputation, and the planning and execution of brand marketing campaigns that positively affect how the Twitch brand is perceived in the market.
This team is also responsible for the ways Twitch communicates with its community and customers. The team uses a range of marketing communications channels including public relations, email, social media, on-site notifications, and paid media, while optimizing the volume, frequency, reach, and engagement for these customer touch points as a whole.
As the team leader, you are responsible for the strategic direction of our brand marketing and communications activities, measuring success, correcting failures, and managing priorities and execution of workflow. You report regularly to a wide range of stakeholders and have significant interaction with executive-level staff.
You work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and are an advocate for the marketing team with leaders of other business units. You are a long-term team member dedicated to developing sustained multi-year marketing strategies, and seeing them through to completion.
- Understand Twitch brand awareness and reputation among customer segments
- Define the Twitch brand to bolster company strategy
- Define Twitch brand architecture and be a leading voice for quality and adherence to brand guidelines
- Design marketing campaigns that positively affect our brand perception in the market
- Measure and report on key success and failure metrics over time
- Manage and mentor a team of passionate marketing professionals
- 10+ years experience designing brand marketing strategy in a global capacity
- 5+ years experience managing a team of direct reports (people management)
- Experience working with 3rd party research firms to segment customers
- Exceptional communication skills
- Expert-level marketing measurement and reporting
- Data driven analytical thinker: ability to drive metrics and benchmarks to ensure continuous improvement in process and results
- Social, video, or video game platform industry experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.