The Twitch San Francisco team is seeking a strong UX Designer to join the Developer Success team. You’ll lead the user experience within a motivated and energized cross-functional product team empowering our developer community to create game-changing interactive experiences on Twitch.
Joining our team will give you endless opportunities to use your passion, ingenuity, experience, and pragmatism to build very cool designs that affect millions of customers, directly impacting the evolution of the core Twitch product and experience surrounding it. When you start here, you’ll find yourself in an environment that's exciting, motivating, challenging, and fun. You will work with every member of the team, from your design partners among other teams and eager engineers to PMs and leadership. And most importantly, your designs will be directly reflected in the products we ship and define a pathway for future features we pursue.
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for and history of designing top-notch experiences on the web as well as supporting the engineering teams responsible for building them through a well-rounded set of design skills that range from wireframes to full fidelity design comps.
- Take full ownership of the user experience for interactive channel customizations from start to finish
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, Science, and Marketing to understand user problems and business goals
- Research, ideate, and help envision the future of these projects
- Create deliverables including wireframes, mockups, prototypes to define the user experience and collaborate with engineering to implement them
- Present and effectively communicate your designs to the team and to the greater organization
- Gather feedback on your designs and iterate accordingly to continue to provide a delightful experience
- 4+ years of work experience as a UI/UX Designer
- Experience in designing for web and mobile
- Excels at journey mapping, wireframes, visual design, interactive prototypes, and supporting documentation of designs
- Awesome portfolio demonstrating strong visual and UX design with live examples
- Understanding and empathy towards Twitch users and gaming community
- Comfortable working in a distributed team environment
- Twitch user or subscriber or active gamer
- Experience designing for Developer Platforms
- Comfortable writing HTML & SASS
- Personal side projects with live examples
- Formal education in Graphic Design, Interaction/UX Design or HCI
- Have contributed or led creating a UI style guide or pattern library
Twitch (an Amazon.com
subsidiary) is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at: http://twitch.tv
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.