Technical Program Manager, Developer Experience
Twitch is all in on creators, including third-party developers who help make the Twitch experience that much better. The Developer Experience team owns Extensions, Drops, Identity, and the Twitch API. We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager (or a Senior Technical Program Manager) to work with our development teams to deliver first-class experiences for external developers. You will work closely with product and engineering leaders to define and deliver significant capabilities for third-party developers, enabling them in turn to delight creators with innovative offerings. You will be responsible for driving large programs from conception to launch to adoption.
In this role you will: understand the needs of our third-party developers as they build products for creators on Twitch; work with product and engineering leads to define roadmaps for developer-facing products; organize cross-functional teams across Developer Experience and Twitch to deliver on product vision and roadmaps; and rive clarity on status, risks, and mitigations for important deliverables.
- Structure, kick-off, and run continuous and/or time-bound programs within and beyond the Engineering organization by clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, defining program process flow, and providing continuous transparency.
- Own successful delivery of large, high impact and highly cross-functional product initiatives while simultaneously and accurately tracking a set of smaller projects.
- Drive strategic cross-functional planning, leading discovery and prioritization by closely partnering with product managers and engineering leads to develop program plans, including roadmap, dependency identifications and resourcing plan.
- Continuously improve product delivery and organization. Establish and drive adoption of program frameworks, tools and best practices. Share your program management knowledge with engineering leadership teams. Lead post program analysis to guide future programs.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to executive management on the plans, status and critical issues. Escalate urgent issues appropriately and driving them to closure in a timely manner.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a technical program manager in software/web development organizations
- 5+ years experience driving cross-organizational technical initiatives
- Strong customer focus, preferably for deliverables targeting third-party software developers
- Demonstrated ability and experience to influence, develop productive working relationships and lead to successful product delivery with product managers, engineering teams and key stakeholders from different business functions
- Strong analytical and communication skills, a risk mitigation mindset and exhibit appropriate levels of urgency.
- Strong sense of ownership. Proactively remove program obstacles, and willingness to go above and beyond to chase down loose ends that lead to successful product delivery.
- Focus on results and outcome, not just process. You have experience establishing processes that are appropriate, but don’t view process as a cure-all for delivery issues.
- Self-motivated and proactive to maintain momentum and progress
- A proven collaborator across multiple software product disciplines
- Consider business and technical concerns
- Weigh risks and potential outcomes to pursue appropriate mitigation's
- Full benefits, Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top