Strategic Business Development Manager
The Central Business Development team is the conduit for all external partnerships with Twitch, which includes our game companies and other strategic partners. The team represents Twitch in the market to ensure partners understand the various opportunities they can take advantage of when it comes to partnering with Twitch. This team also represents partner views within Twitch, ensuring all departments internally are educated and aware.
In this role, the Strategic Business Development Manager will help drive partner and product strategy and undertake specialized analyses for strategic partnerships. You'll be expected to develop a deep understanding of the gaming, social, and video ecosystem and participants (trends, players, business models, technologies, etc.) and communicate your insights effectively across various stakeholders. Teams will apply these insights to make educated partnership decisions. Additionally, this role will assist with team project management, which includes optimizing communication and reporting processes and tools.
The ideal candidate for this role will have significant experience analyzing and synthesizing various types and sizes of information into clear conclusions and insights. Candidates should also have experience applying conclusions into practical opportunities, value, and goals. Previous experience working cross-functionally across product, engineering, marketing, legal, finance, and executive teams is also necessary.
- Partner strategy - Identify, prioritize, and recommend strategies that align with Twitch’s strategic goals
- Analyze a partner (or set of partners) along with Twitch’s strategic objectives and identify, recommend, and pursue action items that can meet mutual goals
- Traditional strategy exercises: market sizing, business model analyses, scenario forecasting etc.
- Assist with deal investigations, negotiations, and agreement execution
- Interface closely with legal, product, and finance teams to ensure successful execution and long-term success of partnerships
- Maintain games and video content industry expertise by staying up-to-date with industry trends
- 3-5 years of strategy, business development and/or corp dev, at a gaming or technology company OR professional service experience from consulting, investing or investment banking fields
- Well versed with software / gaming development, video content and distribution, general tech
- Passion for gaming and media
- Strong knowledge of Twitch
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
- Experience with undefined / ambiguous landscapes, market analyses, P&Ls, and business models
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel for conferences, trade shows, and events
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top