Twitch Extensions power the connections between millions of broadcasters and users. You will be an experienced engineer within a motivated and energised cross-functional product team, helping to craft the systems that allow developers to build Extensions. The Extensions team needs a senior DevOps engineer, who is able to channel their years of experience into building automated CI/CD pipelines, managing the lifecycle of software infrastructure, crafting scalable and maintainable technology solutions, and driving a shared vision with the team.
Joining our team will give you opportunities to use your passion, ingenuity, experience, and pragmatism to build services that affect millions of Twitch users and developers, directly impacting the evolution of the core Twitch product and the technologies behind it. You will find yourself in an exciting, motivating, challenging, and fun environment. You will work with every member of the team, from your backend leader counterparts and eager frontend engineers to PMs and designers. Most importantly, your ideas will be included in the products we ship and in the technologies and processes we choose.
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for and history of building, delivering, and supporting high quality, scalable services that are developer focused and empower the engineering teams behind them.
- Work as a member of a highly functioning agile product development team
- Craft and maintain a quality build/deploy pipeline
- Drive the vision for building, deploying, and supporting services
- Empower the development team by streamlining processes (using automation where appropriate)
- Ensure that leveraged software infrastructure is managed
- Enable the development of product features
- Support and empower the development team to accelerate the release of new and exciting features
- Practical experience working with different CI/CD servers: Jenkins, Spinnaker, Bamboo, TeamCity, GoCD
- Inside-out knowledge of AWS and its plethora of services
- Practical experience working with different configuration management, orchestration, and provisioning tools and frameworks: Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, etc.
- A track record of evolving production infrastructure
- Experience supporting a live production service with millions of concurrent users
- You have written in Golang before
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Production environments with millions of concurrent users are your bread and butter
- Testing is ingrained in your psyche
- You take a pragmatic approach to work
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.