As a software engineer on the Trust and Safety product team, you’ll be responsible for building features that ensure our users have positive, safe experiences on Twitch - we believe that everyone is entitled to thrive on our platform. We build features including automated moderation systems, spam classifiers, and internal tools that support our Moderation and Customer Experience teams.
You'll find a Requirements section below, but please interpret them as a best guess for what we think an ideal candidate might look like rather than a hard gate. Even if you don't meet some of the listed requirements but think this role sounds like something you'd be great at, then we strongly encourage you to apply. We know that lots of talented people don't give themselves enough credit for their own abilities. If you're interested and think that you really might be qualified, please contact us. You can't waste our time. Let us worry about our time. We want you to apply.
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and other collaborators to build great experiences
- Actively engage in code and design reviews with peers and partners
- Produce clean, high-quality, code, tests, and documentation
- 3+ years of experience building web applications
- Proficiency with technologies across the full stack
- Ability to apply quantitative reasoning and UX design principles to building applications
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- A deep sense of user empathy and desire to help viewers feel safe, recognized, and valued
- Experience with React, Go, or Ruby on Rails
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.