Senior Software Engineer - Payments
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. The services we create for our users have deep, lasting effects on their lives. For many of our partnered broadcasters, streaming on Twitch is a career, and our payments system is central to making that possible.
We're looking for a software engineer who gets why the story, "I bought a sub using my favorite streamer's sub button so I can talk in sub-only chat" starts off looking simple, but isn't. You like wrangling existing technologies together to solve business problems. Maybe you've built an e-commerce site or two. On our team, you'll specialize in payments and related products like emotes and Turbo. Together, we're transforming the gaming world, $4.99 at a time.
- Build and deliver payment services for new products and platform integrations.
- Maintain and extend our purchasing and subscription infrastructure.
- Provide engineering input for product planning.
- Participate in code and design reviews.
- Mentor and cultivate junior engineers.
- Experience delivering maintainable, scalable services in at least one of: Ruby/Rails, C/C++, Go.
- Experience building e-commerce or transactional systems backed by an RDBMS.
- Strong written communication and problem solving skills.
- Familiar with AWS ecosystem.
- Experience integrating payment service providers, e.g. PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.Net.
- Experience building multi-tenant or white-label services.
- Previous experience in subscriptions, payments domain
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top