Software Engineer - iOS Video Client
- Develop video playback experience on iOS
- Work with the rest of the Product Engineering team to design APIs that support multiple different platforms effectively
- Collaborate with and provide feedback to backend teams responsible for the APIs and other services supporting video playback
- Keep abreast of current technologies and recent developments in iOS, MacOS, and streaming media technologies, such as recent and upcoming media container and streaming formats supported on the iOS platform.
- Participate in the decision making processChallenge conventional solutions and wisdom.
- 5+ years of professional software development or equivalent expertise
- Experience building, testing and shipping client media software
- Experience with audio/video or graphics pipeline on the Mac OS, iOS or TVOS platform
- Strong background in C/C++
- Experience with multithreaded programming, object oriented design and real time considerations.
- Good communication skills, and able to clearly articulate complex problems and solutions.
- Experience with low level video decode or encode on the iOS platform.
- Experience with VideoToolbox is a huge plus.
- Familiarity with video streaming technologies ( one of HLS, DASH, or WebM) or codecs such as H.264, HEVC, or VP9.
- Experience building cross-platform libraries/SDKs and shipping successful software products.
- Experience with network protocols ( HTTP, UDP, WebRTC )
Meet Some of Twitch's Employees
Daniel discovers techniques that influence every aspect of product planning and market prediction, from consumer need to company cost and ultimate value, all through data science research.
Back to top