Software Engineer - Availability
- Evaluating, implementing and evangelizing tools and services in the following areas:
- Time series databases supporting millions of metrics and millions of data points a second.
- Event and logging pipelines capable of processing and alerting on millions of events and logs/second.
- Dashboarding and reporting tools that give insight into both real-time and historical operational status of systems.
- Tools that help to automate and manage our incident response and remediation processes.
- As an operationally focused engineer, you will be:
- Implementing services, tools, and libraries in Go, Ruby and Python.
- Provisioning, deployment, and operating these services at scale in production environments, both in EC2 and on bare metal.
- Creating high-quality runbooks and operational tooling so that we can maintain the highest availability for these systems.
- Participating in the on-call rotation for the above tools and services.
- Creating adoption of these services by writing high-quality documentation, dogfooding them on our own systems, and evangelizing them to other teams.
- Mentoring engineers and conducting code and architectural reviews.
- A background in developing, operating, and troubleshooting large scale, highly available systems.
- Familiarity with running web services at scale.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- A computer science degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of software development and operational experience.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- 5+ years of software development and operational experience.
- Experience being on-call and troubleshooting high-availability services.
- Experience with full-stack web development.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Go, Ruby, Python.
- Experience with open-source or proprietary monitoring, alerting, and logging systems such as:Graphite, Grafana, Nagios, Ganglia, ELK
- Experience working with AWS technologies such as EC2, Kinesis and Cloudwatch.
- Experience with configuration management and provisioning tools such as Puppet, Chef and Terraform.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Meet Some of Twitch's Employees
Daniel discovers techniques that influence every aspect of product planning and market prediction, from consumer need to company cost and ultimate value, all through data science research.
Back to top