Not all Software Engineers fit neatly into a bucket. Luckily, neither do all of the things that need to get done here at Twitch. If you’re a smart engineer who’s capable of learning things on the fly and isn't afraid to venture into the unknown, Twitch is definitely the place for you.
As a Software Engineer at Twitch, some things you may be working on are:
Our chat system, which supports millions of concurrent users
Our video distribution system, which is one of the largest in the world
Elegant, highly-available web services to support one of our many front end platforms
Front end web engineering that is functional, beautiful, and delightful
Building applications for one of the many non-web platforms we support, including iOS, Android, XBox 360, XBox One, and Playstation 4
Building new features that millions of users will be seeing
Helping build robust deployment tools to help us move forward rapidly
Building great tools that lets us support our customers and partners
- Professional software development experience, the more the better
- You don’t need a degree, but you should know how engineering works in the real world.
- A strong knowledge of internet and web technology fundamentals
- Experience working in agile development teams
- Experience working on complex, multi-layer applications
- A passion for games or other interactive media
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and twice a week hearty breakfasts)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top