Software Development Engineer II - Payments
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment, and our Commerce Engineering team is preparing to scale to execute on critical product initiatives to support Bits, Subscriptions, Affiliates, Twitch Prime, and many great social interaction features.
As a key member of the engineering team, you will have the opportunity to design, build and scale solutions that affect millions of users and broadcasters. You will provide technical leadership, architectural guidance, and mentorship across multiple teams. Work closely with other cross-functional teams to design and implement the next generation of Payments offerings, while serving a key driver of the team's technical and operational excellence.
- Work with leads and other engineers to design and develop the commerce/payments platform and services
- Customer-focused to contribute towards timely project deliveries with exceptional quality
- Collaborate with other cross-functional teams to clarify product requirements
- Improve engineering process and tools to improve velocity and productivity
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Mentor and cultivate junior engineers
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or prior relevant engineering experiences
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, data modeling, and schema design
- 3+ years as an software engineer
- Clear verbal and written communication
- Proficient experience level in one or more of the following language: Go, Ruby, Java, C++
- Familiar with AWS ecosystem
- Previous experience in commerce/payments domain
- Twitch user, broadcaster, or partner or experience in the gaming industry
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top