Twitch enables content creators to live-stream content to their communities across the globe. Advertising is a core part of Twitch and spans across many product areas. We take pride in our mission to help creators earn a living by entertaining and educating their viewers. On the Advertising team you’ll work with a talented, passionate, and customer obsessed team. We have a growing team comprised of product and engineering professionals based in downtown SF.
Twitch is seeking a engineers with the curiosity, drive, and ingenuity to develop features and APIs that drive the advertising and promotion business. Through these systems, we give creators the control and data they need to get promoted and help Twitch distribute advertising. Our products range from industry standard advertising formats to innovative real-time experiences special to Twitch. The ideal contributor should have experience building, maintaining and continuously delivering high quality production web services in a SOA environment. They will also be expected to work in a collaborative environment, able to interact with internal tech and business teams, external integration partners, and end users.
This is a great opportunity to have impact on your favorite creators at one of the fastest growing tech and entertainment products in the world.
- Develop and deliver new product services and features across various client platforms
- Scale and improve existing APIs and services used to power the Twitch platform
- Improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
- Work across both technical and business focused teams to deliver value to our creators
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or prior engineering experience
- Proficient coder in one or more of the following: Go, Elixir, Python or similar languages
- Experience developing web applications or their backend APIs
- Superb communication skills are required. You must be able to explain things both to business and technical audiences
- Familiarity with React and/or Redux
- Familiarity in the AWS ecosystem of services (EC2, RDS, Dynamo, Lambda, CloudWatch)
- Experience building or consuming GraphQL APIs
- Familiarity with ETL pipelines (Kinesis, Apache Airflow, Redshift)
- Experience deploying Docker containers to production
- Experience building or integrating a Data Management Platform
- Knowledge of VAST/VPAID standards
- Experience integrating with an ad platform or SDK: Amazon Ad Exchange, Google IMA/GMA SDK, DoubleClick API
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://www.twitch.tv
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.