Software Development Engineer - 3rd Party API
Twitch’s vision is millions of creators sharing real time experiences with their communities. Twitch Developers’ mission is to enable any developer in the world to build a business around those experiences. We obsess about our customers’ needs, delivering products that help game developers make their games better to stream, and help community developers customize Twitch for their favorite streamers.
Interactivity is the future of live content and Twitch is driving towards that future through game integrations. With these integrations, broadcasters and viewers can do more than just stream and watch - from Drops to Twitch Plays, the opportunities to bring our community closer together over their shared passion for games are innumerable.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who wants to work with game developers to help integrate Twitch into their games, and their games into Twitch. You should be excited by new challenges with high levels of ambiguity and should be able to work collaboratively with remote teams. Most importantly, you should be passionate about solving problems for our customers and building awesome technology used by millions.
- Design, build and maintain a scalable and reliable API which is a delight to developers
- Identify and uphold engineering best practices
- Contribute to the API design for upcoming Twitch features
- Mentor junior engineers and constantly raise the bar of engineering practices across the team
- Interact with both the community and internal business units
- Have opinions about the customer experience and contribute to the design of the solutions we ultimately build
- Obsessively care about the customer’s experience
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
- 4+ years Industry experience as a software engineer, including work on building large-scale systems
- Strong CS fundamentals and rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices
- Experience working in a service-oriented or microservice architecture
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- You focus on quality, sweat the details, and delight our users
- Experience writing Go in production ready systems
- You’ve built APIs or SDKs that other engineers love using
- Experience working with or for game developer studios or related industries
- Advocate for CI/CD and test automation practices
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top