Senior Technical Program Manager, Availability
Like global services, hard technical challenges, and enabling video content creators to earn a living doing what they love? We’re looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to work company-wide to define and drive execution of key Availability initiatives on a day to day basis. You will provide technical direction for a global staff of engineers focused on providing Twitch creators and their community with highly available experiences. You will be responsible for driving large-scale initiatives that automate and continuously improve the software development, release, monitoring and incident and problem management process for all of Twitch.
You will primarily (1) Drive availability and engineering best practices across all of Twitch engineering (2) Pitch to and refine ideas the CEO, senior engineering leaders and executives and (3) Develop roadmaps for large and complicated architectural changes and drive them to delivery.
A perfect fit in this environment requires you to be: Adaptable to meet challenging goals in an agile team. Ready to deal with a dynamic, ever-changing environment. Self-motivated and proactive to maintain momentum and progress. A proven collaborator across all disciplines. Consider business and technical concerns Motivated and able to quickly learn new technologies and weird things built on old ones.
- Structure, kick-off, and run continuous and/or time-bound programs within and beyond the Engineering organization by clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, defining program process flow, and providing continuous transparency.
- Own successful delivery of large, high impact and highly cross-functional product initiatives while simultaneously and accurately tracking a set of smaller projects.
- Drive strategic cross-functional planning, leading discovery and prioritization by closely partnering with product managers and engineering leads to develop program plans, including roadmap, dependency identifications and resourcing plan.
- Continuously improve product delivery and organization. Establish and drive adoption of program frameworks, tools and best practices. Share your program management knowledge with engineering leadership teams. Lead post program analysis to guide future programs.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to executive management on the plans, status and critical issues. Escalate urgent issues appropriately and driving them to closure in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain alignment across multiple teams within OE for keeping a focus on execution, continuous improvement, and operational excellence.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a technical program manager in software/web development organizations
- 5+ years experience driving cross-organizational technical initiatives
- Strong technical acumen. Actively participate and contribute to technical designs discussions for large scale distributed services, proactively identify challenges and risks, work closely with engineers and product manager on addressing challenges and form mitigation plans
- Demonstrated ability and experience to influence, develop productive working relationships and lead to successful product delivery with product managers, engineering teams and key stakeholders from different business functions
- Strong analytical and communication skills, a risk mitigation mindset and exhibit appropriate levels of urgency.
- Strong sense of ownership. Proactively remove program obstacles, and willingness to go above and beyond to chase down loose ends that lead to successful product delivery.
- Focus on results and outcome, not just process. You have experience establishing processes that are or appropriate. Zealots for specific processes and tools need not apply.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top