Senior Software Engineer - Video (Android)
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment, and video is at the very core of that vision. Twitch’s Video Playback Engineering team is looking for experienced Android engineers to help build a cross-platform video playback solution that will support web, mobile, and other platforms. As a mobile engineer in the Video Playback Team, you will be helping shape the future of the Twitch playback experience used by millions of users across various web browsers, mobile devices, gaming consoles, and more.
If you are passionate about media, streaming, or obsessed about performance and want to participate in creating the best video playback system out there, then this position is for you. You will work with an extremely talented and accomplished team in the video space and will be building a major component of a video pipeline that scales to the highest live video traffic currently. You will gain an in-depth knowledge on a highly scalable, end to end live video streaming platform.
- Develop our video playback experience on Android.
- Work with the rest of the Product Engineering team to design APIs that support multiple different platforms effectively.
- Collaborate with and provide feedback to backend teams responsible for the APIs and other services supporting video playback.
- Keep abreast of current technologies and recent developments in mobile and media technologies.
- Participate in the decision making process.
- Challenge conventional solutions and wisdom.
- 4+ years of professional software development or equivalent expertise.
- Development experience on Android.
- Experience with audio/video or graphics on Android.
- Strong background in C/C++
- Experience with multithreaded programming, object oriented design and real time considerations.
- Good communication skills, and able to clearly articulate complex problems and solutions.
- Familiarity with video streaming technologies (HLS, DASH) or codecs such as H.264
- Experience with GPU or chipset hardware acceleration on Android with technologies such as MediaCodec, OpenMax or OpenGL is a big plus.
- Experience building cross-platform libraries/SDKs and shipping successful software products.
- Experience with network protocols
- Full benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at: http://twitch.tv
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top