Senior Software Engineer - Live Video Infrastructure
- Be a key contributor in design and implementation of core software backend components of the video infrastructure. These are critical, high performance, large scale services and libraries.
- Code primarily in Go and Python.
- Write and review high quality code, while making architectural trade-offs to create multi tier, scalable, high volume services.
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of software services serving millions of requests.
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Experience building and operating online services, and/or fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle. Including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies. (We mainly use Go, python and C++ and learn more about how video works.)
- Design and development of RESTful web services.
- Developing, testing, and maintaining core libraries and frameworks.
- Developing clean API interfaces that see high usage volume and multiple customers.
- Performance tuning for high throughput, highly available web services. Performance counters, event traces, profiling.
- Experience with large scale services, database, and or data processing systems.Experience developing web services, or other large scale distributed systems, that have successfully delivered to customers is a big plus.
- Experience with Amazon AWS cloud offerings is a big plus.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life.
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week).
- Unlimited snacks and drinks.
- Monthly in-office massages.
- Corporate gym membership.
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy.
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament.
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace.
Meet Some of Twitch's Employees
Daniel discovers techniques that influence every aspect of product planning and market prediction, from consumer need to company cost and ultimate value, all through data science research.
Back to top