Senior Software Engineer - Live Video Infrastructure
Are you interested in the future of interactive video? Want to redefine what concurrent viewing experiences are like? Twitch is building the future of real time interactive entertainment and video is at the very core of that vision!
The team is focused on designing large scale systems to power the Twitch video services which handle incoming video from thousands of broadcasters and viewed by massive audiences. You will help support them at a new level! You will develop services to run on Amazon's cloud computing infrastructure (AWS) and have opportunities to interact with teams inside and outside the organization as well as work on a variety of challenging problems.
- Be a key contributor in design and implementation of core software backend components of the video infrastructure. These are critical, high performance, large scale services and libraries.
- Code primarily in Go and Python.
- Write and review high quality code, while making architectural trade-offs to create multi tier, scalable, high volume services.
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of software services serving millions of requests.
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Experience building and operating online services, and/or fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle. Including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies. (We mainly use Go, python and C++ and learn more about how video works.)
BONUS POINTS (Preferably you have direct, hands-on experience, in at least one or more of the following.)
- Design and development of RESTful web services.
- Developing, testing, and maintaining core libraries and frameworks.
- Developing clean API interfaces that see high usage volume and multiple customers.
- Performance tuning for high throughput, highly available web services. Performance counters, event traces, profiling.
- Experience with large scale services, database, and or data processing systems.Experience developing web services, or other large scale distributed systems, that have successfully delivered to customers is a big plus.
- Experience with Amazon AWS cloud offerings is a big plus.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life.
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week).
- Unlimited snacks and drinks.
- Monthly in-office massages.
- Corporate gym membership.
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy.
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament.
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace.
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at: http://twitch.tv
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top