Senior Software Engineer - Global Infrastructure
- Build management applications that help visualize traffic flow and facilitate rapid diagnosis of issues
- Build applications that automate operational processes and tasks
- Evaluate new technologies and their applicability to help solve challenges for Twitch
- Be a key contributor in design and implementation of core backend components of global infrastructure. These are critical, high performance, large scale services and libraries.
- Write and review high quality code, while making architectural trade-offs to create multi tier, scalable, high volume services.
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of software services serving millions of requests
- Design, build, and maintain scalable and robust servicesLevel-up the organization around you through better code reviews and engineering best practices
- 4+ years professional experience developing backend tools
- Developing, testing, and maintaining core libraries and frameworks.
- Developing clean API interfaces that see high usage volume and multiple customers.
- Performance tuning for high throughput highly available web services
- Experience with large scale services, database, and or data processing systems.
- Experience monitoring and analyzing production issues, performance bottlenecks and key metrics in multi-tier applications
- Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems.
- Experience developing web services, or other large scale distributed systems, that have successfully delivered to customers
- Experience with SQL databases (Postgres preferred)Experience with Amazon AWS cloud offerings-
- Experience building tools for scaling distributed, highly available systems
- Orchestrating distributed systemsBasic UNIX/Linux scripting skills, familiarity with bash, awk, sedWorking knowledge of common protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP/S, DNS, SNMP, DHCP)
- Understanding of network concepts and designs such as subnets, vlans, switching, routing, anycast
- Experience with configuration management tools such as rancid, puppet, chef, ansible, saltstack
- Experience building and operating online services, and/or fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle. IPncluding coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Meet Some of Twitch's Employees
Manager, Partnerships Development
Anele works directly with signed broadcast partners to ensure that they are continually satisfied with the platform and how it's performing, to further their brands and increase their viewership.
Back to top