Senior Software Engineer - Global Infrastructure
We are rapidly expanding the engineering team at Twitch to deal with challenging scale problem of being the 4th biggest consumer of bandwidth and one of the largest social gaming experiences in the world. Our technical stack is vast and our hardware deployments are far reaching to all corners of the globe. We leverage Go and Ruby throughout our stack. We utilize PostgreSQL and many NoSQL variants such as DynamoDB, Cassandra, Redis and ElasticSearch. Our scale and speed of our growth forces us to experiment with techniques and technologies.
We are looking for the next set of engineering tech leaders to help grow Twitch to the next level. We need strong senior tech leaders that are comfortable working cross-functionally and not be afraid to touch many portions of our code-base to ensure that Twitch services can scale and be robust. We are moving to an SOA world and we need people comfortable with balancing product innovation with building out robust systems.
- Build management applications that help visualize traffic flow and facilitate rapid diagnosis of issues
- Build applications that automate operational processes and tasks
- Evaluate new technologies and their applicability to help solve challenges for Twitch
- Be a key contributor in design and implementation of core backend components of global infrastructure. These are critical, high performance, large scale services and libraries.
- Write and review high quality code, while making architectural trade-offs to create multi tier, scalable, high volume services.
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of software services serving millions of requests
- Design, build, and maintain scalable and robust servicesLevel-up the organization around you through better code reviews and engineering best practices
- 4+ years professional experience developing backend tools
- Developing, testing, and maintaining core libraries and frameworks.
- Developing clean API interfaces that see high usage volume and multiple customers.
- Performance tuning for high throughput highly available web services
- Experience with large scale services, database, and or data processing systems.
- Experience monitoring and analyzing production issues, performance bottlenecks and key metrics in multi-tier applications
- Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems.
- Experience developing web services, or other large scale distributed systems, that have successfully delivered to customers
- Experience with SQL databases (Postgres preferred)Experience with Amazon AWS cloud offerings-
- Experience building tools for scaling distributed, highly available systems
- Orchestrating distributed systemsBasic UNIX/Linux scripting skills, familiarity with bash, awk, sedWorking knowledge of common protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP/S, DNS, SNMP, DHCP)
- Understanding of network concepts and designs such as subnets, vlans, switching, routing, anycast
- Experience with configuration management tools such as rancid, puppet, chef, ansible, saltstack
- Experience building and operating online services, and/or fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle. IPncluding coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top