Senior Software Engineer, Game Mods
Twitch’s vision is millions of creators sharing realtime video experiences with their communities. Twitch Developers’ mission is to enable any developer in the world to build a business around those experiences. We obsess about our customers’ needs, delivering products that help game developers make their games better to stream, and help community developers customize Twitch for their favorite streamers.
We’re looking for engineers for our Irvine offices who love building tools for Game Mod developers to enable them to bring their creations to the world. You’ll work closely with product managers, UX designers, data scientists and engineers of all disciplines to craft a wonderful experience on CurseForge, iterate based on customer feedback, and ship early and often. You’ll grow by taking on significant engineering challenges involving massive scale, high availability, cross-platform implementation, and new-to-the-world solutions. Your work will be used by thousands of developers working on Game Mods and seen by millions of consumers, and underpins Twitch’s most critical 2018 initiatives. Bring your learning mindset and sense of humor - we’re looking forward to meeting you.
- Work effectively with the Mods Team and others to build high quality features for Twitch’s Game Mod distribution system
- Become familiar with the existing CurseForge technology
- Help our support team triage bugs, respond to user feedback, and fix production issues
- Contribute to architectural, design, and process discussions involving the technological choices involved in building CurseForge features and services.
- Own the quality of the features you ship
- Share your opinion about the user experience and help improve it
- A degree in Computer Science, a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years experience working on large C# applications
- 8+ years experience working in AWS or other cloud platforms
- 8+ years experience working with MS-SQL or other relational databases
- Fluent using the latest .NET libraries (C# 7.0, TPL, LINQ, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities
- Strong understanding of asynchronous programming
- Architectural experience creating highly-scalable web
- Experience with Typescript, React
- Production experience with .NET Core
- Familiarity of Twitch / CurseForge or moddable video games.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
Back to top