Senior Software Engineer - Esports
- Build highly reliable, fault-tolerant backend and frontend services.
- Help define the technology stack and best practices we follow to utilize it.
- Work directly with other engineers and our designers, taking an active role in the process from inception to launch.
- Actively shape and lead the way in how we approach all software development by seeking out, evaluating and recommending new technologies.
- Participate in code and design reviews and bug triage.
- Collaborate with other teams and engineers at Twitch.
- Be excellent to others.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Deeply ingrained love for automation, testing, CI/CD, containers, service oriented architecture and handling failure.
- A working knowledge of major AWS services.
- The ability to quickly adapt to changing requirements, getting things done and shipping code.
- Ability to traverse the entire stack, from the UI down to the kernel. Okay, maybe not the kernel.
- Sharing our deep love for competitive gaming, games in general and most importantly code.
- Strong work ethic and sound methods. Writing well-tested, documented, readable code.
- Not married to one language, framework, service or methodology.
- Experience with container stacks and schedulers such as ECS, Mesos and Kubernetes.
- 500+ games on Riki or Slark.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Meet Some of Twitch's Employees
Daniel discovers techniques that influence every aspect of product planning and market prediction, from consumer need to company cost and ultimate value, all through data science research.
Back to top