Senior Software Engineer - Bits
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment, and our web client engineering team is preparing to scale to execute on critical product initiatives like Cheering with Bits, Subscriptions, Affiliates, Twitch Prime and many great social interaction features.
Our Seattle office is focused on exciting new e-commerce initiatives in 2019 and 2019. We’re looking for engineers that love delighting people with incredible products and user experiences. On the Twitch Commerce team, you’ll work closely with our other engineering and product teams to craft a beautiful and engaging product that engages with our community and continually provides value to content creators on Twitch.
We value expertise in programming of Web services and strong sensibilities for design and UX. We place an emphasis on gathering data, collecting feedback and iterating quickly.
You’ll write lots of code and have the opportunity to continually build new customer experiences from the ground up using new technologies, experimenting and always ensuring our creators are our top priority.
- You’ll brainstorm with designers and product managers to design new features.
- You design and build the services and API’s that power these features.
- You’ll implement experiments and collect data with our data scientists to drive subsequent iterations on these features.
- You’ll identify and uphold software engineering best practices.
- You’ll help our support team triage bugs, respond to user feedback, and fix production issues.
- You’ll mentor others by providing creative feedback and participating in code and design reviews.
- You’ll have opinions about the user experience, scalable design and contribute to the design of the solutions we ultimately build.
- You’ll feel responsible for the quality of the features you ship.
- You’ll push code to production several times a day if necessary.
- You are a passionate engineer, focus on quality and are eager to grow.
- You have demonstrated experience building web scale services with AWS services such as: DynamoDB, Elasticache, Redshift, Cloudwatch, EC, and SQS.
- You have demonstrated past experience working on user interfaces with modern JS frameworks (Angular, React, Node.js, etc) and have strong sensibilities for UX and design.
- You have strong CS fundamentals and value rigor in engineering.
- Experience designing and building consumer-facing software at scale.
- You are equally excited to build a minimum viable product quickly as you are ensuring your code is tested and maintainable.
- Strong cross-team, organizational and communication skills.
- You thrive in fast paced environments and can deal with ambiguity with ease.
- Full benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent academic background
- Avid user of Twitch
- Proficient in React.js, Go, TWirP, or GraphQL
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top