Senior Software Engineer
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. The Creator Experience team is responsible for building products that help our broadcasters grow their business and thrive on Twitch. The team is rapidly expanding to keep up with the demands of our broadcasters, and we’re looking for developers to ensure we ship great products for them.
As a Senior Engineer on the Creator Experience team, you will be responsible for improving the products that our broadcasters use every day to stream. Our job is to make sure that every broadcaster on Twitch has a great experience, from the first-time streamer checking out the platform to the 50k+ viewer streamer making a living on Twitch. You will work closely with the engineers on your team, as well as the product, design, data science, and other engineering teams to ensure our core products stay stable and scale indefinitely; while new products are delivered faster even as we grow. We have a variety of both frontend and backend challenges, from delivering petabytes of streaming analytical data to streamers to creating user-friendly collaboration tools that help creators grow and share their audiences.
If you are passionate about helping creators on Twitch grow and succeed, this is the place for you!
- Play a leadership role in defining requirements, architecture, and development on complex projects
- Dive deep on technical challenges
- Mentor and level up fellow engineers in the team through code reviews and discussions
- Represent your team in engineering, design, and product discussions with other teams
- Help maintain and scale our creator experience infrastructure
- 3+ years professional software development experience
- Experience shipping user-facing products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience collaborating with product managers, designers, and other engineering leaders in cross-functional groups
- Full-stack development experience
- Experience setting up and maintaining AWS infrastructure
- You are a Twitch user yourself
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch (an Amazon.com subsidiary) is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at: http://twitch.tv
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top